5-minute winter wellness bowl
Diced and roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash
Cooked Quinoa (I like tri-color for the visual appeal)
Italian Seasoning Blend
S&W White Beans
Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
1. For on the go meals I pre-prep all the ingredients (except broth and canned beans) and add them to a freezer bag. You can chose any quantity depending on taste preference and serving size desired.
2. When ready to eat, pull out freezer bag and defrost overnight in refrigerator.
3. Then add broth and beans and heat either on stovetop or microwave.
• 1 cup milk (or unsweetened alternative dairy milk)
• ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and/or low sodium
• 2 cups raw spinach, rinsed
• 2 Tbsp. hemp, chia or flax seeds
• 1/2 cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
• 1 ½ cups blueberries fresh or frozen
• 1 Tbsp. raw honey (optional)
• Mint sprig for decoration
Directions: Combine all the ingredients in blender and pour into a class of travel mug
Christina Meyer-Jax MS, RD