GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. (FOX 9) - Golden Valley residents approved a 1.25% sales tax to fund $105 million in infrastructure upgrades for police, fire and public works.
Golden Valley wants to build and enhance several city facilities that administrators believe are outdated and no longer support modern needs. To do so, the city asked for a 1.25% sales tax to finance the building projects over a 30-year period.
Voters saw three questions on the ballot: the first to acquire land and build a new public works facility away from downtown; the second would build the public works facility for $45 million and the third would build a new police and fire facility for $45 million where the public works facility currently sits.
The city says the increased sales tax would impact non-residents more than those who live in Golden Valley, citing research that shows non-residents would foot more than 60% of the bill.
Golden Valley ballot questions results
Election results from around Minnesota
- Minneapolis election results 2023: City Council races
- St. Paul election results 2023: City Council races
- St. Paul election results 2023: Ballot question
- Golden Valley election results 2023: Ballot questions
- St. Louis Park election results 2023: Mayor
- Duluth election results 2023: Mayoral race
- Minnesota election results 2023: Mayors, city council races
- Minnesota election results 2023: School board races
- Minnesota election results 2023: Ballot questions
- Minnesota election results 2023: School district ballot questions