(KMSP) - CHIPOTLE STUFFED EGGS
12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & halved
½ C. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. chipotle in adobo, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Lemon juice
¼ tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
1. Remove the yolk from each hard-boiled egg half and place into a bowl, set egg whites aside.
2. Add the mayonnaise, minced chipotle, garlic, lemon juice and salt to the yolks and using a hand mixer or a fork mix all ingredients until well combined.
3. Using a spoon, place the seasoned yolk mixture evenly among the egg whites, sprinkle eggs with fresh cilantro and refrigerate for at least an hour to set flavors.
4. Right before serving, top with a small cube or small slice of avocado.
JALAPENO PEPPER CHICKEN BITES
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ C. sour cream
2 jalapenos, minced *Seeds optional
1 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2-3 slices thick cut bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 ½ C. shredded Rotisserie chicken
12-15 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
1 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. In a large bowl stir together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, bacon and chicken until well combined, set aside.
3. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a clean counter or work surface lightly dusted with flour; cover phyllo sheet lightly with butter or butter flavored cooking spray; top with a second phyllo sheet brushed with butter; cover with third phyllo sheet. (Do not brush top sheet with butter.)
5. Cut phyllo stack lengthwise in thirds with a pizza cutter.
6. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese filling onto 1 end of 1 phyllo strip, about 1 inch from corner.
7. Fold over opposite corner to form triangle and continue folding, like a flag, to opposite end; repeat process with remaining phyllo sheets and cream cheese filling.
8. Place turnovers on baking sheets; brush with remaining butter or butter flavored cooking spray and bake 12 to 15 minutes from fresh or 15 to 18 minutes from frozen or until golden brown.
CAJUN SAUSAGE & SHRIMP SOUP
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ C. chopped green bell pepper
½ C. fresh parsley, minced
8 C. chicken broth
8 oz. crushed tomatoes
½ tsp. Thyme
½ tsp. Oregano
½ tsp. Smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
½ C. dry rice
15 oz. can dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 lb. andouille sausage, diced
½ lb. small raw shrimp, thawed
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a large pot heat olive oil over medium high heat and saute the onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper and parsley until vegetables are tender.
2. Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, thyme, oregano, smoked paprika, hot sauce, rice, kidney beans, sausage and shrimp, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 20 to 25 minutes seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.