Garage fire kills man in Hugo

A man died following an accidental garage fire in Hugo Saturday.

Firefighters with the Hugo Fire Department responded to calls of a garage fire on 132nd Street North and Ingersoll Ave North at 3:26 p.m. They arrived to find an attached garage engulfed in flames, according to a statement from Hugo Fire Chief Jim Compton.

Firefighters put out the bulk of the fire in five minutes, searched the home and encountered the victim, 37-year-old Daniel Scott Bailey, on the second floor, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. 

Firefighters rescued the victim from home and attempted lifesaving measures, but Bailey died at the scene.

The Minnesota State Fire Marshall has ruled the cause of the fire as accidental, and no foul play is suspected in Bailey's death, according to the sheriff's office.