On Oct. 7, around 9:08 p.m., the Farmington Fire Department responded to a home on the 4500 block of 196th Street in Farmington after a report that the back of the home was fully engulfed in flames, but everyone inside was already out of the home.
In total, 31 firefighters assisted in containing the fire, with crews from Farmington, Lakeville and Apple Valley responding.
The cause of the fire was determined to be discarded fireworks material next to the rear of the home, according to a release from Farmington Fire Chief Justin Elvestad.
Authorities are reminding people only to use fireworks in an open area away from trees and houses, extinguish and dispose of fireworks in a bucket of water, and not try to re-ignite a dud.
A fire at a home in Farmington over the weekend is believed to have been caused by fireworks.