(KMSP) - When he's not watching poll numbers rise, Hamline University professor David Schultz is watching his famous brownies rise in the oven.
On Primary night, Schultz shared his recipe with Fox 9:
Ramsey County Fair Blue Ribbon Brownies
3/4 cup of dark cocoa
1 ½ cups of white confectionary sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup of warm water
½ cup of brown sugar
1 and 1/3 cups un-sifted white flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
Six ounces (half bag) of semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
3. Except for the chocolate chips, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips until well-mixed in the batter.
5. Pour batter into the pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (do not overbake).
7. Remove from oven and let cool.