4 tornadoes have now been confirmed in Rice, Le Seuer, and Waseca counties. One of them has been rated EF-1, with the others getting a rating when survey crews have completed their findings.
GRANADA, Minn. (KMSP) - The National Weather Service has confirmed at least eight tornadoes touched down in southern Minnesota Thursday evening.
Survey teams have confirmed tornadoes hit Granada, Morristown, Northfield, Dundas and Faribault.
Crews are still working to determine if the damage is from the continuous tracks of single tornadoes or if they are two separate tornadoes.
Damage survey teams with the NWS are in the process of surveying several areas in southern Minnesota that were impacted by Thursday night storms.
Here are the tornadic areas the National Weather Service-Twin Cities has identified so far. These findings are preliminary and some of the tracks may be combined.
1. Just west of Ceylon, MN (Martin Co.): Brief EF0
2. Granada, MN (Martin Co.): EF1
3. Northwest of Janesville, MN near the Blue Earth/Waseca County line to Waterville, MN (Waseca and Le Sueur Co.): EF1
4. Morristown, MN (Rice Co.): EF2
5. Northwest of Faribault near Roberds Lake to I-35 (Rice Co.): EF1
6. Northfield, MN (Rice Co.) to Cannon Falls (Goodhue Co.): EF1
7. Cannon River Wilderness area (Rice Co.) to between Dennison and Stanton, MN (Goodhue Co.): EF1
8. Southwest side of Cannon Falls, MN: EF1. This one could eventually be combined with #7 upon further assessment.
9. South of Dundas, MN to southeast of Northfield, MN (Rice Co.): EF1. This one could be bomined with #5 upon further assessment.
10. Medford, MN (on Steele/Rice Co. border) to between Nerstrand and Kenyon, MN (Goodhue Co.): EF1
Other areas of interest: Cannon Falls city eastward into Pierce County, Wisconsin and Owatonna northeastward toward Zumbrota.