Highland Grill in St. Paul was an honoree for restaurant sustainability in this year's Minnesota Restaurant Association Awards. Here is a recipe for sustainable and locally-sourced grilled salmon from Highland Grill's chef, Jeff Anderson.
1 7oz. Salmon fillet
½ tsp. salt and pepper mix
1 ½ tbsp. white wine butter
8 oz colcannon mash
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Drizzle salmon with oil being careful not to touch the brush to the raw fish and season with salt and pepper mix.
- Place the salmon in the fish zone of a well-seasoned grill skin side up. Grill for salmon for 3 minutes. Turn over the salmon and grill approximately 4 minutes more medium 135 degrees.
- Place roasted Brussels sprouts in the center but slightly towards 9 o’clock. Garnish with local honey and roasted almonds. Add potatoes in the center but slightly towards 3 o’clock.
- When salmon is cooked, place salmon on top of both potatoes and vegetables.
- Spread salmon with white wine butter and garnish entire plate with chopped parsley.