Photo courtesy Sean & Kristi Buckley
LAKELAND, Fla. (FOX 13) - When a massive gator saunters across your path in Florida, you stop what you're doing, and then you take pictures -- from a safe distance.
Photographers at the Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County got quite a treat when they spotted the gargantuan gator walking by.
Video shared on Facebook by Kim Joiner shows photographers on both sides of the path as the alligator pays them no mind whatsoever, just walking on by nice and slowly, lowering his large body into the water. "I love Circle B. Nature at its best," Joiner wrote in her post.
Some on Facebook say he's a well-known alligator nicknamed "Humpback," because of his large, curved back.
Your eyes are not deceiving you, either. This gator was huge.
"No photoshop," Joiner said on Facebook. "He was the biggest gator I have seen out there. I have been going out there for years too," she said.
- WATCH: Massive gator strolls across FL golf course
- Mother, daughter encounter bobcat at Circle B Bar
- Alligator wanders into car loop at Ruskin school
- Alligator sprints across fairway at Myakka Pines
- Alligator swims peacefully with manatees
- Not a record in Florida, but still one big gator!