Autopsy shows Iowa family died of toxic gas inhalation in Mexico resort

The Sharp family, Kevin, Amy, Sterling and Adrianna were found dead Thursday in a condominium in Tulum, Mexico. (Facebook)

Autopsy results show the Iowa family who was found dead at a resort in Mexico died after inhaling toxic gas.

The Sharp family, a couple and two children, flew to Cancun from their hometown of Creston, Iowa, last Thursday and drove to a condo in Tulum, Mexico.

Relatives were concerned after the family missed their return flight on Wednesday. Mexican authorities haven't identified the toxic gas involved, but they are saying there are no signs of foul play or suicide.

Iowa authorities identified the family as 41-year-old Kevin Sharp; his wife, 38-year-old Amy Sharp; and their children, 12-year-old Sterling and 7-year-old Adrianna.