Albertville teen found fatally shot in car in Plymouth; 2 suspects sought

A 17-year-old Albertville teen was found dead from multiple gunshot wounds in a vehicle in Plymouth Monday evening, and now police are asking for the public's help in finding two suspects believed to have been involved. 

According to police, officers responded to a report of a shooting near the 9700 block of 37th Place North in Plymouth at 5:56 p.m. on Monday, November 14. Officers found a juvenile with an apparent gunshot wound inside a vehicle in the parking lot of an apartment complex.

The medical examiner on Wednesday identified the victim as 17-year-old Yaseen Thomas Johnson of Albertville. He died of multiple gunshot wounds, and his death was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner said.

Plymouth Public Safety Director Erik Fadden in a press conference on Thursday called Yaseen's death tragic, and sent condolences to his family. He called this "Heartbreaking" and "Senseless."

"Yaseen was 17-years-old, he had his whole life ahead of him," Fadden said.

1 arrested, 2 suspects sought in Yaseen Johnson's killing

Fadden said police identified three people of interest in Johnson's death, including an 18-year-old man who was arrested in Golden Valley on Wednesday without incident. He was booked into Hennepin County Jail on probable cause murder. 

Police are asking for the public's help locating two other suspects: a 19-year-old man and 19-year-old Hans Madave, of New Hope. They have not been formally charged. 

Anyone with information about where the suspects may be – or have any information about the case – are asked to call the department's tip line at 763-509-5177. Fadden said if you see the two suspects, you shouldn't approach them but instead call 911.

During the press conference, Fadden addressed Sirleaf and Madave directly in the event they were watching, imploring them to do the right thing and turn themselves in to police immediately. 

Fadden said officers have been working around the clock on this case to follow the few tips they received and try to determine why this happened. 

The chief stressed it is an active and ongoing investigation, so he was limited on what he wanted to share publicly. Fadden did say the relationships between the suspects and the victim are not known at this time, but none of them lived at the address where Johnson was found. 

The 18-year-old suspect who was arrested is cooperating with police, Fadden said, but he would not elaborate.

The gun that was used to kill Johnson has not been located, Fadden said. But he doesn't believe there's any threat of a random act of violence.