courtesy of Exec. Chef Christian Pieper
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1 inch diced cubes)
1 lg. large green pepper /diced
1 lg. red pepper /diced
1 medium Spanish onion /diced
3 cloves garlic/ minced
4T chopped chipotle (out of the can)
1 qt fresh orange juice
1T chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
After simmering add
1 bunch chopped cilantro
5 T cold butter
(1 T olive oil - for sauteeing)
1. Sautee the onion and garlic in a 1T of olive oil - med high heat in a medium size pot.
2. Then add the diced peppers. After 1 minute of stirring add the chicken.
3. Cook for 1 more minute and salt the chicken and add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro and the butter.
4. Simmer for 20-30 minutes on low heat. The chicken should start to fall apart.
5. At this point add cilantro and butter stirring constantly so the butter doesn't separate, then check seasoning.
6. Once the butter is melted in … you can serve this hash with your breakfast favorites -
….like a fried egg on top of each serving / or serve with your favorite breakfast potatoes. Cheers