Five Minneapolis restaurants are temporarily closed after employees tested positive for COVID-19.
With grocery stores closed down around the Twin Cities metro area, people there don’t have a place to get their food.
A Stearns County, Minnesota judge ruled Gov. Tim Walz has the right to issue his executive order requiring bars and restaurants to shut down during the pandemic after an Albany, Minn. bar announced its intent to violate the order last month.
June 1 marked the day many restaurants and hair salons in Minnesota have been waiting for since closures due to COVID-19 went into effect more than two months ago.
Minnesota moved into its second phase of reopening Monday amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Iowa Department of Public Health confirmed 555 employees had tested positive on Thursday.
The city of St. Paul will soon require face masks inside all city buildings and licensed businesses starting June 1.
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey has signed an emergency regulation allowing the city’s restaurants to expand outdoor dining into parking lots, sidewalks and other areas when restaurants are allowed to reopen statewide June 1.
The debate over the potential opening of a small-town bar and events center in Stearns County moved from Albany’s Railroad Avenue on Monday to a virtual courtroom on Friday. Attorney General Keith Ellison joined in on the proceedings.
Restaurants with outdoor seating can start welcoming customers back on June 1, but owners are anxious and many feel they shouldn't have to wait if they can follow the safety guidelines.
The popular Sea Salt Eatery says it is opening for takeout starting Friday with limited hours and menu.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz is letting bars and restaurants reopen to outdoor dining on June 1, part of a slow-going approach to restarting the state's economy in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and his administrative leaders will announce "phased plans" for reopening bars, restaurants and other places of accommodation Wednesday, the state's economic development commissioner said. The announcement will be broadcast live at 3 p.m. on FOX 9 and streaming at fox9.com/live and the FOX 9 News App.
Workers at McDonald's restaurants in 20 cities will go on strike Wednesday to put pressure on the company to improve employee protections during the coronavirus outbreak.
Gov. Tim Walz is expected to announce a phased plan of how bars and restaurants can safely reopen with a target date of June 1 Wednesday.
El Tejabar, started by a mother and father and managed by their son and daughter, opened during a recession 12 years ago and now the family faces another crisis.
A new City of Stillwater proposal would allow restaurants to use parking lots and street parking spaces to create new patio seating for customers in the anticipation that a June 1 reopening will likely come with occupancy restrictions.
As restaurants across Minnesota try to navigate uncharted territory and make plans for reopening, Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis will remain closed in an effort to save money and ensure that they can pay employees once it does reopen.
McDonald’s is preparing to welcome customers back into their dining rooms — but only after their new safety standards have been met.