EDINA, Minn. (KMSP) - Two major construction projects are scheduled to begin in April on Highway 100 between Highway 62 in Edina and W 36th Street in St. Louis Park.
According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), motorists can expect several weekend closures of Hwy. 100, a highway bridge demolition, and multiple short and long-term ramp closures along the five-mile stretch of road. Dates of the closures will be posted when they are scheduled.
An informal open house is scheduled for Wednesday, March 30 in St. Louis Park. MnDOT engineers and project managers will discuss the reconstruction projects, traffic impacts, detours, and answers questions. It'll take place at Groves Academy, 3200 Highway 100 South between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Traffic impacts mid-April through mid-June 2016 (subject to change)
- Northbound Hwy 100 between Benton Ave. and W 36th St. reduced to two lanes
- Southbound Hwy 100 between W 36th St. and just north of Benton Ave. reduced to two lanes Shift northbound and southbound Hwy 100 to outside shoulders of the road
- Shift northbound and southbound Hwy 100 to outside shoulders of the road
- 50th St/Vernon Ave. ramp to northbound Hwy 100 will close, April through August 2016Detour: southbound Grange Rd
- Short-term, off-peak, double lane closures between Eden Ave and Excelsior Blvd using moveable barrier system (For drainage repairs on mainline)
- Eden Ave over Hwy 100 will close (10 allowable days)Eastbound Eden Ave. Detour: Northbound Arcadia Ave., Eastbound 50th St./Vernon Ave. and Southbound Grange Rd. Westbound Eden Ave Detour: Northbound Grange Rd, Westbound 50th St./Vernon Ave.
- W 50th St./Vernon Ave. over Hwy 100 will close (10 allowable days)Detour: Arcadia Ave, Eden Ave. and Grange Rd.
- Short-term, off-peak closures of 44th St. under Hwy 100 (30 allowable days)Detour: Brookside Ave., Excelsior Blvd. and Wooddale Ave.
For more information, visit the project website here.