Careless smoking causes St. Paul woman's chair to catch fire

A St. Paul woman was taken to the hospital late Monday night after the chair she was sitting in caught fire. St. Paul fire officials attributed the fire to "careless smoking."

The fire was reported just before 11 p.m. Monday at a duplex on the 800 block of Sherburne Avenue. The woman has mobility issues that prevented her from escaping.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire, but the lower level of the home was seriously damaged.