by Sally McGraw, alreadypretty.com
There are quite literally hundreds of sandal styles available this season, and it can be hard to pick a shape that looks and feels great. Here are some features to seek if you want your sandals to be comfy AND flattering.
- It's true that heeled sandals will make your legs look longer and slimmer, but they aren't always comfortable or easy to walk in. If you want a lift without the pain, look for platforms and wedges.
- As with any kind of shoe, colors that are close to your own skin tone will elongate your leg. High-contrast colors will break up your leg line.
- Thick and high-placed straps will cut off your leg line, too. Instead, look for styles that end low on your foot's bridge or create a v-shape with their straps.
- Depending on how much support your feet need, you can scout out sandals with cushioned footbeds, or sculpted ones.
- My favorite sandal this season is the Clarks Ranae Estelle, which has a stacked blocky heel, crisscrossed straps, and comes in snakeskin, tan, metallic, and black for $110