COLD CUCUMBER DELIGHT
1 can cream of potato soup
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cups diced and parred cucumbers
2 Tbs of finely chopped dill
1 half tsp dried mustard
1 half tsp onion powder
1. Heat slowly all ingredients in a pot for about 10 minutes until the cucumber is partially cooked.
2 Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth,refrigerate and cover for 1 hour.
3 Garnish with chopped Italian parsley or and a teaspoon of sour cream.
4 Salt and Pepper to taste.
Here are the other recipes:
CANTOR'S COLD GAZPACHO
2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
3 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup diced fresh parsley
1/2 lemon, cut into sections
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped chives
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
croutons, for garnish
1. Put the cucumbers, tomatoes, vegetable stock, parsley, and lemon in a blender or food processor. Blend the ingredients together coarsely. Empty the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the olive oil and chives to the bowl. Stir to mix. Season the soup to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Refrigerate the soup for 2 hours Garnish with croutons before serving.
3 leeks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups half and half
salt and ground black peppers to taste
1/4 cup chopped chives or watercress for garnish, if desired
1. In a medium pan, combine the leeks, onion, and butter. Saute the ingredients over medium heat for three minutes.
2. Stir in the potatoes, vegetable stock, half and half, and chives. Add salt and ground black pepper to the soup to taste.
3. Simmer the soup for 1 hour. Take off heat. Let the soup cool.
4. Put the soup in a blender or food processor. Blend on low until smooth. Reheat the soup over low heat for hot soup, or chill for 30 minutes for cold soup.
5. Before serving garnish with chives, parsley, or watercress.