One year later, Prince's cousin seeks justice for overdose death

Prince Rogers Nelson, or just Prince to millions of adoring fans, died almost a year ago from what was determined to be an accidental, self-administered fentanyl overdose.

Prince's cousin, Chazz Smith, says something just doesn't fit about that story. Smith believed that Prince led a completely clean lifestyle and struggles to understand his possible opioid addiction. 

With a social media campaign, #justice4cuz, he hopes to "shine a light" on the role others played in getting Prince drugs, and get the answers he so desperately wants. 

"I am optimistic that we are going to find out who was who. Even if it's a fall guy, the pills being mislabeled and all of that stuff," Smith said. "We're going to find out. I'll be happy to know all of it, even if it was an accident--or negligence--whatever it might be."

Search warrants relating to Prince's death investigation will be released Monday, and celebrations commemorating the one-year anniversary of the star's death are planned for later in the week.