Nicollet Avenue bridge in south Minneapolis closed for 18 months

The Nicollet Avenue Bridge in south Minneapolis over Minnehaha Park closed Monday, and won't reopen for about 18 months.

MN GOP proposes tax cuts, caps
video

The latest budget forecasts show that Minnesota’s projected deficit is in better shape than anticipated previously, and Minnesota’s Republicans are never proposing tax cuts that would drive it back up. FOX 9’s Corin Hoggard has the details.

Gas prices increasing after Iran attacks
video

Ongoing attacks throughout the Middle East and Iran continue to add uncertainty to the world’s oil markets. FOX 9’s Rob Olson offers the latest predictions.

Iran latest: Trump, Hegseth update on strikes
video

President Trump and Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth spoke about the ongoing conflict in Iran Monday morning as strikes and retaliation continue in the region.

Minnesota Senate Republicans unveil tax relief bills
video

Minnesota Senate Republicans are introducing new bills to provide tax relief for workers, homeowners, and drivers across the state. Proposed changes include reducing property taxes, car tab fees, and taxes on tips and overtime.

Minneapolis sees citations drop after speed cameras installed at 5 intersections

Minneapolis city officials say speeding at five intersections where traffic cameras have been installed has dropped dramatically since last October. The city is expected to release the report at their city council meeting on Tuesday.

Drivers filling up ahead of expected gas prices spike
video

The conflict in Iran is expanding on all fronts, while closer to home, drivers are filling up ahead of the expected gas price spike.

Minneapolis announces 15 straight years of $1 billion in construction permits

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey announced Monday for the 15th straight year, the city passed more than $1 billion in construction permits in 2025. He said the total came out to $1.07 billion, which represents 12,000 building permits.

Moriarty prepared to sue feds over 'obstruction' as office weighs charges in Good, Pretti shootings

Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty says her office is prepared to file new lawsuits to get access to evidence in the shootings of Renee Good and Alex Pretti, as her office moves closer to making charging decisions in the use-of-force cases.

Moriarty threatens lawsuit over 'obstruction' by feds
video

Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty is threatening to file a lawsuit as soon as Tuesday, as she accuses federal authorities of "obstructing" her office's investigation into the shootings of Renee Good and Alex Pretti.

Trump talks timeline of military operations in Iran
video

Speaking on Monday, Trump noted initial estimates of four to five weeks for military operations, but said the forces are prepared to go as long as needed. Trump said leadership changes, originally projected to take weeks, were accomplished in about an hour, so they are ahead of schedule. 

Trump on Iran: ‘This was our last, best chance to strike’
video

President Trump said that U.S. forces are carrying out large-scale combat operations in Iran, targeting missile capabilities, naval forces, and nuclear infrastructure. Trump said the objective is to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon and to eliminate what he called “intolerable threats” to the U.S. and its allies.

Deshaun Hill's murder: Cody Fohrenkam to be sentenced

Cody Fohrenkam is set to be sentenced on Monday afternoon in the 2022 shooting death of 15-year-old Deshaun Hill Jr. As part of the plea deal, he faces over 28 years in prison.

Deshaun Hill's murder: Cody Fohrenkam to be sentenced
video

Cody Fohrenkam is set to be sentenced for the 2022 shooting death of 15-year-old Deshaun Hill Jr. Fohrenkam pleaded guilty in February, a day after his retrial in the case began after the Minnesota Court of Appeals threw out his murder conviction. 

US fighter jets downed by friendly fire in Kuwait
video

Three U.S. warplanes in Kuwait have been shot down in a friendly fire incident. According to central command, Kuwaiti air defenses mistakenly shot down the Air Force fighter jets. All six air crew members were able to eject safely and are reported to be in stable condition. 

Iran conflict: Attacks continue overnight
video

There are now the first reports of U.S. casualties in the war with Iran. Attacks have continued overnight, even after Iran’s supreme leader was killed. Doug Luzader has more this morning, where Trump administration officials are planning to brief congressional leaders on Monday. 

U.S.-Israeli strikes spark dueling rallies in Twin Cities

Iranians in the Twin Cities gathered in downtown Minneapolis Sunday to celebrate major developments in the Middle East. Anti-war protesters also took the streets of Minneapolis Saturday.

Twin Cities supports immigrant-owned businesses after Operation Metro Surge
video

Community members rallied at immigrant-owned restaurants on Central Avenue on Sunday in the aftermath of Operation Metro Surge. The event was organized by the People’s Action Coalition Against Trump (PACAT). FOX 9's Leon Purvis has the story.