IKEA issues safety warning about changing table after 3 injuries reported
LOS ANGELES - Swedish furniture giant IKEA issued a safety warning Tuesday about its SUNDVIK changing table and chest.
IKEA recently received three reports about injuries because safety lock fittings were not being used properly when the item is in a changing table position. The injuries happened outside of the United States.
The SUNDVIK changing table and chest has a piece that can be flipped over and converted into a changing table. But IKEA said customers must use the safety lock fittings in order to properly use the product. The injuries involved the piece that flips coming loose and children falling because the locks weren't installed, according to IKEA.
The retailer is urging customers who have misplaced or lost the safety lock fittings to contact them for replacement pieces at no cost. No proof of purchase is necessary to obtain the free replacement locks.
IKEA provided the article numbers for each model:
- SUNDVIK changing table / chest black-brown - 003.813.49
- SUNDVIK changing table / chest white – 603.813.51
- SUNDVIK changing table / chest grey-brown – 803.813.50
- SUNDVIK changing table / chest black-brown – 302.567.54
- SUNDVIK changing table / chest white – 802.567.56
- SUNDVIK changing table / chest grey-brown – 002.567.55
In the U.S., customers may contact IKEA at (888) 966-4532 for more information.