Drowning is Silent
Drowning is Silent is a public message from FOX 9. Learn how you can help prevent drowning at your local pool. Download our safety poster, watch the video and share this information with your family and friends today!
WATER SAFETY TIPS
1. Never swim alone: Even a teenager or adult should swim with a buddy.
2. Pick a look-out: Designate an adult to be close enough to reach out and touch a child under 4 years old whenever they are in the water.
3. Don't waste time: If your child is missing, look in the pool first.
4. Keep a cell phone nearby: Every second counts when you have to call 911, but keep it turned off or silenced while you watch swimmers in the pool.
5. Install alarms: Any door or window leading to a pool area can be outfitted to alert adults to unexpected access.