(KMSP) - Registered dietitian and nutrition consultant Christina Meyer-Jax helped us meal prep for the week ahead with some creative and nutritious ways to reimagine our holiday weekend recipes.
Florentine White Bean & Turkey Soup
Source: S&W Beans
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
• 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 (6oz) package ready to use spinach, chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 (48oz) carton 33% less sodium fat-free chicken broth
• 2 (15oz) cans S&W® White Beans, 50% Less Sodium (drained, rinsed)
• 2 cups chopped cooked turkey (about 12oz)
Heat oil in 4-quart nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach, Italian seasoning and pepper. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth, beans and turkey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle individual servings with grated Parmesan cheese.