Woman, 71, dies in mobile home fire started by kerosene heater

- A 71-year-old woman died in a fire at her mobile home in Norwood Young America, Minnesota Thursday night. 

Fire officials believe a kerosene heater was the source of the fire. The residents had been using the heater to thaw frozen pipes under the mobile home. 

The fire started shortly before 6 p.m. at a mobile home located at 414 Railroad Street East. By the time crews arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames.  

First responders learned a woman who was paralyzed and unable to move on her own was inside the residence. The woman, identified as Nancy Lee Green, was found deceased inside the residence once the flames were extinguished. 

Two firefighters were treated for non-life threatening injuries. The fire remains under investigation. 
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories