(KMSP) - The suspect in a Minnetonka kidnapping case has been arrested. Jahon Douglas was arrested at at approximately 1:00 p.m. at 3854 Girard Ave. North in Minneapolis on Thursday, authorities said.
"The Minnetonka Police Department is happy to report that Jahon Douglas is in custody and no one was harmed,” said Minnetonka Police Captain Andy Gardner. “Law enforcement and the families are very grateful for a peaceful resolution. Thank you to our detectives and assisting agencies who worked tirelessly to ensure a positive outcome.”
Abduction suspect Jahon Douglas was arrested today at approximately 1 p.m. in Minneapolis. More details to follow soon.— City of Minnetonka (@MinnetonkaMN) January 4, 2018
Authorities issued a nationwide warrant for Douglas' arrest last week.
Douglas faces multiple charges including two counts of aggravated robbery, two counts of second degree assault and one count of kidnapping, a criminal report said.
Douglas abducted Nicole Smith at gunpoint on Dec. 21, police said. Smith and another woman were leaving work when he got in the back seat of their car.
According to the report, Douglas pointed a handgun at the second woman’s head and told her to drive. He demanded both women give him their cell phones. Then he threatened to blow Smith’s head off before she got out of the car. Douglas followed Smith, forced her into his car and drove off.
On Dec. 23, Smith returned home. She arrived at her mother’s home in Anoka in the car that she was abducted in. The report said that Smith told authorities that Douglas planned to kill her and then himself. It was unclear where she was being held.