Driver dies of CO2 poisoning inside delivery truck in Spring Lake Park

- The driver of a refrigerated delivery truck died of carbon dioxide poisoning while making a delivery at the McDonald's in Spring Lake Park, Minnesota Wednesday morning. 

According to Lt. Dan Douglas with the Anoka County sheriff's office, officers responded to the McDonald's at 8124 Highway 65 shortly after 9:30 a.m. When they arrived, they found the driver dead in the back of the truck, which was delivering liquid carbon dioxide. 

Douglas confirmed the driver died of carbon dioxide poisoning. An initial investigation found a mechanical error had occurred. While attempting to fix the issue, the driver was overcome with carbon dioxide. 

Sunday, the Anoka County Sheriff's Office identified the man as Amos Bordia Hagme, 58, of Brooklyn Center. 

The incident remains under investigation. The sheriff's office said there is no danger to the public. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories