Couch catches fire after heated blanket ignites from power surge

- A homeowner in northwestern Minnesota jumped into action after his couch caught fire Friday morning, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

At 9:10 a.m. in the City of Winger, law enforcement and firefighters responded to a report of a couch on fire in a home.

The homeowner, 51-year-old Daniel Richard Kindall, was able to put out the fire before help arrived.

Officials believe a power surge from a downed power line caused a heated blanket to ignite, which set fire to the couch.

No one was injured.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories