Carbon monoxide toxicity led to deaths of two found in Coon Rapids parking lot

- Two young adults who were found dead in a vehicle in a Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot in Coon Rapids, Minnesota, last month died as a result of carbon monoxide toxicity, according to the Midwest Medical Examiner's report. The medical examiner's report also cited "recent cocaine use as a significant condition." Their deaths were ruled an accident.

Alissa Kristine Spah, 20, and Antonio Dehen, 22, were found dead in a vehicle around 3:41 p.m. on October 5. Police responded to a 9-1-1 call that two people appeared passed out inside an SUV, but emergency responders discovered they were in fact deceased.

Coon Rapids police believe the owner of the SUV may have done some work on the exhaust system and did not repair it correctly.

During the initial investigation, the sheriff’s department couldn't say whether a carbon monoxide leak in the vehicle was a factor. Police were also investigating how long the two were in the parking lot. Detectives pulled video from cameras in the area to track when they arrived.

Buffalo Wild Wings released the following statement that week: “Buffalo Wild Wings is cooperating fully with law enforcement officials regarding this incident that took place in the shared parking lot. Our thoughts and condolences are with the families.”

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories