Electric space heaters recalled after Minnesota man dies in fire

- Small, electric space heaters are being recalled after a Minnesota man died in a fire involving one of the heaters. 

Vornado Air is recalling the Vornado VH101 Personal Vortex electric space heaters because they can overheat when in use, posing fire and burn hazards.

A 90-year-old man in Chanhassen died last December as a result of a fire involving the heaters. Vornado Air has received a total of 19 reports of the heaters catching on fire. 

The heaters were sold at Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Menards, Orchard Supply, Target and other stores as well as online Amazon.com, Target.com, Vornado.com between August 209 through March 2018. The recall includes heaters sold in the colors black, coral orange, grayed jade, cinnamon, fig, white ice and red. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories