Doghouse heat lamp likely cause of Meeker County fire

- The Meeker County sheriff says a heat lamp inside of a doghouse appears to be the cause of a Sunday afternoon house fire in Darwin Township. The fire was reported at 3:24 p.m. on the 23400 block of 685th Avenue.

The homeowner, 46-year-old Allen Hanson, was not home at the time of the fire. A friend was taking care of the pets and had discovered the fire.

The house sustained about $20,000 in damage. There were no injuries or lost animals as a result of the fire.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories