WALKER, Minn. (KMSP) - One man was found dead and 3 others were treated for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning inside a fish house on Leech Lake. According to the Cass County sheriff’s office, the 4 men were found Sunday afternoon inside a camper trailer that had been converted into an ice house.
Two of the surviving fishermen were treated on the scene and the third was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Park Rapids, Minn.
The initial investigation indicates propane devices being used to heat the ice house were not ventilated and led to unsafe levels of carbon monoxide. The Ramsey County medical examiner's office will conduct an autopsy.