Winter Weather Awareness Week: Indoor safety

- That title may be a bit misleading as being inside seems to be the best protection from winter’s deadly bite. However, just like outside, you should be on your guard inside, as our homes are sealed up for the season. One main concern is carbon monoxide poisoning. Our heaters, stoves, and furnaces are working hard to pump out heat and comfort, but like us, they need to breathe. A tightly closed up house can also lead to mold and other not so pleasant growths. Radon is a gas that can also build up in such an environment. Take a little time to flip through the slideshow above to familiarize yourself with staying safe indoors this winter season.


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories