EAGAN, Minn. (KMSP) - Eagan police confirmed a 4-year-old boy died after he was pulled from an indoor pool on Sunday evening.
At 6:06 p.m., police responded to the Town Centre at Lexington apartments on 3470 Golfview Drive after the boy was found unresponsive and pulled out of the pool. First responders attempted to resuscitate him, and he was taken to Children’s Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Eagan police said other people were inside the pool area during the incident, but did not specify if his parents or caretakers were present. The Eagan Police Department and Dakota County Sheriff’s Office are investigating.
Water safety tips
1. Never swim alone: Even a teenager or adult should swim with a buddy.
2. Pick a look-out: Designate an adult to be close enough to reach out and touch a child under 4 years old whenever they are in the water.
3. Don't waste time: If your child is missing, look in the pool first.
4. Keep a cell phone nearby: Every second counts when you have to call 911, but keep it turned off or silenced while you watch swimmers in the pool.
5. Install alarms: Any door or window leading to a pool area can be outfitted to alert adults to unexpected access.
FOX 9 INVESTIGATORS - Drowning is silent