Minneapolis man charged with murder in Clinton Ave. stabbing

- A Minneapolis man has been charged with second degree murder for fatally stabbing another man at an apartment in south Minneapolis on Nov. 24.

According to the criminal complaint, police responded to a call of a man fighting someone with a knife outside an apartment building on the 3000 block of Clinton Avenue South. When officers arrived, they found Elias Lopez-Lopez, 29, who had been stabbed multiple times, lying on his stomach on the steps of the apartment building.

Lopez-Lopez died Thursday morning at Hennepin County Medical Center.

A witness told police he was returning home from work when he saw two men he knew fighting. He recognized one of them as Robinson Palacios-Castro, 19. He ran inside the apartment building to call 911. When he came back outside, he saw Palacios-Castro stabbing Lopez-Lopez.

The witness said he told Palacios-Castro that he called the police, and Palacios-Castro ran.

Officers later located Palacio-Castro in his apartment inside the building. He was apprehended and “motioned to his rear waistband and said, ‘It is here,’ and the officer located a kitchen-style knife.”

Palacios-Castro is charged with second degree murder.  He is in custody and is expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday. The prosecution is requesting bail of $1 million.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories