Family displaced after Hopkins townhome fire

- Fire crews have extinguished a three alarm fire at a Hopkins townhome Saturday night.

It began around 6:30 Saturday on the 1300 block of Landmark Trail North. The Hopkins Fire Department says the fire began in the fireplace and made its way to the roof. Assistant Chief Patrick Sandon says a neighbor alerted the homeowners and adjoining townhomes were evacuated.

Sandon says damage is estimated at $100,000 and the Red Cross is helping one family with temporary housing.

“It’s that time of year to make sure smoke detectors are working. With fireplaces fires like these, be vigilant that your fireplace is cleaned,” Asst. Chief Sandon said.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories