SAND CREEK TOWNSHIP, Minn. (KMSP) - A father and son died of electrocution while they were working on a family farm Sunday morning, according to the Scott County Sheriff's officials.
At about 10:11 a.m., two Scott County men were working on a farm on the 20800 block of Xanadu Avenue in Sand Creek Township, Minn. Officials believe the men were lifting a farming auger when it hit an overhead power line. A family member found both men unresponsive and called for help.
Emergency crews attempted to revive the men through CPR and defibrillation.
According to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's report, 53-year-old Mark Edmund Hentges was pronounced dead at the scene. 25-year-old Travis Michael Hentges was flown to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he later died.
“It is with a heavy heart that I can confirm that this incident took the lives of two of our residents,” said Sheriff Hennen. “Clearly, this is a tragedy for their families as well as the entire community.”