OSSEO, Minn. (FOX 9) - A dog and three cats survived a fire that started in the attached garage of a house in Osseo, Minnesota Monday night.
At 5:12 p.m., firefighters responded to a fire in the attached garage of a house on the 100 block of Third Street Northeast, according to the Osseo Fire Department. When crews arrived, they found the garage in flames and the fire extending into the attached house.
The occupants of the home escaped. Firefighters rescued a dog and a cat from the fire and provided them emergency care at the scene. Two cats hid in the basement and were rescued the following morning.
The fire department said the pets were treated and evaluated at a veterinary clinic. They are all doing well.
Anyone with information regarding the fire or who was in the area around the time it started is asked to contact the Osseo Police and Fire office at 763-424-5444.