One dead in St. Paul house fire, man smoking while on oxygen

- A 64-year-old man is dead after a house fire in St. Paul Saturday morning.

Firefighters responded to the 1400 block of Old Hudson Road around 6:50 a.m.

The St. Paul Fire Department said the cause of death is smoke inhalation from smoking while on oxygen. The oxygen hose caught fire and the fire spread from the living room to the office.

Fire officials said it was an accidental fire.

RELATED: Investigators: Fire problem that won't go away


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in – includes advertiser stories