We tend to associate floral prints with spring and summer, but over the past few years designers have been taking this popular print into winter. Dark florals are hot again this season and a great print for women of all ages and styles.
Here are some tips on how to style them:
1. Black-background florals are the most common and can be the easiest to style, especially if your wardrobe is neutral-heavy. With a high-contrast print, adding black layers often feels like the most sophisticated option.
2. Black isn't the only game in town, though, and if you like the look but prefer more color try a dark floral with a navy or deep purple background and pull another color from the print for layers and accessories.
3. With a large-scale floral it's often best to let the print be the star of the outfit, keeping the rest subdued or dark.
4. Dark florals are easiest to find in tops and blouses.
5. As with all prints, scarves are a great option if you just want a dash of pattern.