16oz jar creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free if necessary)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cups M&M’s (mini, holiday, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line sheet pans with Silpat mats
2. In a bowl of your mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Add peanut butter and mix until smooth
5. Add the oats and baking soda. Mix well, make sure it is very well mixed.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
7. Depending on which size cookie you prefer, scoop dough onto Silpat mats, and press down with a fork to flatten. Dot with a few M&M's so when cookie bakes, they are on top. Make sure you space well for cookies to spread. Used your first pan as a test.
8. Bake for 18 minutes for large cookies, 15 minutes for small.
9. Let cool on the tray about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack