KMSP/WFTC-TV, the FOX owned and operated duopoly in Minneapolis/St. Paul, is looking for an experienced, next generation News Content Editor.
Our News Content Editor will not only enterprise and gather news, but will be capable of PRESENTING that information across our digital, social and broadcast platforms. Our editor will be responsible for the basic functions of the assignment desk and digital content desk:
- Enterprise news story ideas via phones, social media, email and internet
- Write and distribute the news they gather across our digital and social platforms, including desktop and mobile web, news and weather apps, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vine.
- Monitor police scanners, satellite feeds and other sources for breaking news
- Dispatch and manage news crews to cover ALL aspects of the news day
- Develop sources that can be contacted during breaking news and possess skills to advance a story beyond the basics.
- Possess the ability to formulate a well-rounded daily coverage plan that also goes beyond the basics.
Candidate must be able to thrive in a busy and at times chaotic environment. This person will have good interpersonal skills and be able to multi-task. Candidate must demonstrate strong news judgment and ability to research. Candidate must also have expert knowledge of AP writing style and social media channel management.
2 years of major market experience in broadcast news is preferred, along with a bachelor degree in journalism or equivalent.
Attn: Human Resources
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344-7258
To apply online for one or more of our open positions, go to http://bit.ly/1GCEUwk