The Iowa State Capitol building was evacuated Monday morning after someone burned a dish of Easy Mac in the microwave. Smoke alarms went off near the Senate chamber just after 11 a.m., and the smoke was traced to a nearby microwave.
Des Moines Register public affairs reporter William Petroski snapped a photo of the overcooked lunch, which quickly became a mid-day favorite on Twitter.
Burnt 'Easy Mac' food causes emergency evacuation of Iowa Capitol. No one hurt. pic.twitter.com/0slXoIJg58— William Petroski (@WilliamPetroski) April 27, 2015
Everyone returned to work at the Capitol after a few minutes.