Comfortable athletic-wear-inspired looks are hot again for spring. This is a trend that may feel young to many women, but there are ways to make it work for any age or figure type.
- Believe it or not, sweatshirts are now incredibly fashionable and being worn by all of the "It" Girls. Instead of grabbing one from the men's section, choose a contemporary style cut for a woman's curvy figure, and pair with skinny or straight-leg pants. (Will bring outfit)
- For a slightly more refined look, pick up a baseball style jacket. Look for a curved neckline, front zip, and ribbed edging. Styles made from silk, leather, and other upscale fabrics make for more sophisticated looks.
- And for more casual looks, try a pair of fancy sweatpants. Styles with oversized ankle cuffs, cargo pockets, and other sporty details make these more interesting than gymwear ... but definitely too laid-back for the office.
- And, of course, bring out the sneakers once the snow melts. You'll see bona-fide New Balance running shoes on the feet of many stylish women, but can also opt for more street-focused styles like Chuck Taylors.
Here are some great pieces you can buy now if you'd like to try this trend:
1. Cargo Jogger Pants, $49.95 at Gap, in XS - XXL
2. Layered Marled Sweatshirt, $42.50 at Torrid.com, in sizes 12 - 32
3. Style & Co. Bomber Jacket, $35.99 at Macys, in sizes XS - XL